When, at the beginning of the summer holidays, I realised that I would soon need to start making Christmas cards as the DT stamps were appearing on the doormat, I initially felt a little ill. Especially as I was in the process of sorting final preparations for my summer wedding, it felt a bit wrong to make Christmas cards. Having said all that, I was surprised to find how much I enjoyed making these and the others I have done, and I am looking forward to doing more! I know though, that by the end of December I will be glad to put away my box of Christmas Stash for a few months... :)
So enough of the rambling now... here are 2 cards I have made using the adorable 'Penguin Stuart' stamp from
Little Claire Designs, available
here.
This first card is a simple little card made using a Craftwork Cards cardblank. The image is coloured using ProMarkers. Papers and main image are mounted on black cardstock. The sentiment is from a
Christmas Set by Red Gingham, available only from Little Claire's, mounted on a piece cut from Lacey Circles Nestabilities. I have added small blue gems to the petal points on the cardblank and to the centre of the snowflakes, which are cut using a Martha Stewart punch.

I have changed the colour scheme for this second card, which again uses black cardstock and an image coloured using ProMarkers. The papers are byDovecraft ('Let it Snow') , gems and ribbon from my stash. The sentiment is from the 'All Set for Christmas' stamp set, which has recently been discontinued by Little Claire's, but this could easily be replaced with a similar Christmas Sentiment.
Thank you for taking the time to look at my cards, hope you like them :) x
Lovely cards Helen, gorgeous colours. I know what you mean - I'm more of a last minute crafter when it comes to Christmas, don't really feel like it yet! Lisa x
ReplyDeleteArrrrgh that dreaded 'C' word lol! I really need to get organised and get loads of mine done lol! Beautiful cards Helen, love little Penguin Stuart, such a great little image to colour in. Love all of your gorgeous papers and layouts too. Have a lovely bank holiday weekend hun, take care xxx
ReplyDeleteHi Helen, love these very gorgeous cards hun, both colour combos are fab and I love the snowflakes.
ReplyDeleteDonna x
Both gorgeous card - so different just by changing the background colours. Fab!!! Jxx
ReplyDelete